A Comprehensive, Balanced, and Applicable Guide to Spiritual Growth.
What does a real relationship with God look like? What is the biblical vision of true spiritual life? How do we grow in spiritual maturity? How we answer these questions influences the health, potency, and witness of Christians in an increasingly complex and hostile world.
Conformed to His Image, Revised Edition answers these questions with clarity and insight, offering a comprehensive, balanced, and applicable guide to spiritual growth. Designed for use in college and seminary courses but also highly appropriate for any serious Christian wanting to grow, this revised edition of the widely used book helps readers build their lives on a fully biblical foundation. It offers a corrective to our tendency to narrow and compartmentalize spiritual growth, and it does so by exploring 12 facets of authentic Christian spirituality:
- Relational Spirituality: Loving God Completely, Ourselves Correctly, and Others Compassionately
- Paradigm Spirituality: Cultivating an Eternal versus a Temporal Perspective
- Disciplined Spirituality: Engaging in the Historical Disciplines
- Exchanged Life Spirituality: Grasping Our True Identity in Christ
- Motivated Spirituality: A Set of Biblical Incentives
- Devotional Spirituality: Growing in Relationship with God
- Holistic Spirituality: Every Component of Life under the Lordship of Christ
- Process Spirituality: Process versus Product, Being versus Doing
- Spirit-Filled Spirituality: Walking in the Power of the Spirit
- Warfare Spirituality: The World, the Flesh, and the Devil
- Nurturing Spirituality: A Lifestyle of Evangelism and Discipleship
- Corporate Spirituality: Encouragement, Accountability, and Worship
With chapter overviews and objectives, questions for personal application, a glossary, a list of key terms, and helpful appendices, Conformed to His Image, Revised Edition provides a defining text for the student, pastor, and church leader of today and tomorrow. This revised edition includes new recommended resources throughout, more recent examples of subjects discussed, and updated wording to better reflect our postmodern context.